1. "Heck, I'll enjoy all the quiet I can get."
2. "I'm sure if he was hurt he would've cried or something, he's fine."
3. "Just 5 more minutes."
4. "Well, I guess I AM curious to see what kind of mischief he has gotten into"
And lastly........
5. "Whatever it is, I hope its not something I'll have to clean up."
I tip toed down the hall and peeked over at him to find him very quietly concentrating on coloring his entire body black with a marker (not a Sharpie, thank the Lord). I admit, I tip toed back into my office to let out my laughter and compose myself before I went in with my 'mommy face'. I did realize though that this is the first time Owen has ever colored on himself with anything, so I have actually never told him NOT to, or even broached the subject with him. Shucks, now what do I do? Well I walked back to him and gave him the 'mommy face' and all my attempts at composure were lost when he said "Mom, I need to be black like Vader. I am coloring myself so I can be black like him and match my costume." *Facepalm* As much as I was fighting it, the smile crept out and even a little giggle. I told him that we only color on PAPER, not on walls, not on furniture and NOT on ourselves. I said that "if you wanted help looking more like Darth Vader you need to come and ask mommy's permission and she will help you." At that point I think the embarrassment set in and he got a little teary saying, "I'm sorry Mom, you're right. I should've asked permission before becoming Darth Vader."
Lesson learned.

Too cute for words
ReplyDeleteJust saw this, this is too funny!
ReplyDelete