We have come back from our little hiatus from blogging! This Mama has been very busy at work and even if I had the time to blog, I would have nothing to blog about because poor Owen lived a very dull life during the last month. He heard a lot of "Please sit down and play Owen" and "Mama is very busy baby, I will be right there" or "Please stop driving your car up my arm honey, Mama is typing". Poor buddy... he was a good sport though. He enjoyed having so many new friends around, and by 'friends' I mean grown men and pastors that were hanging out at our house during the conference. He loves meeting new people and talks about all his new friends all the time. He is very good with names and people make quite an impression on his little memory. So Pastor Baines, The Flashman, Mr. & Mrs. Taylor, Mr. & Mrs. Campbell, Unkie and Pastor Lyon will not be forgotten in the coming weeks.
We did take a break from the craziness though a few weeks ago and took Owen to the place most parents avoid at all costs. Unfortunately, this place is right next door to the market and also advertised every morning on Owen's cartoons. Can you guess? The place that upon entering you should be handed ear plugs, a xanax and some anti bacterial wipes? Where naughty children run free, shoving anyone that is in their path, throwing tantrums when they want more tokens..... Chuck E. Cheese. It actually wasn't so bad because we got there before the dinner rush and it only started getting crazy and loud as we were leaving. One thing we did learn though is that buying tokens is not necessary next time (if there is a next time). Owen's attention span was so short that any game we put a token in he was already on to the next after about 8 seconds. He's still young enough to press buttons and see lights blinking and think he's playing the game. Why waste the money right?? I was suprised to see there was no litter box there...ahem, I mean ball pit. Maybe they've finally learned that if kids pee in the pool, they're going to pee in the ball pit as well. Gross. Owen was too intimidated by all the rowdy kids to brave the slides, and after all there were too many buttons for him to be pushing to waste time on slides. Slides he can play on every day, but UNLIMITED BUTTON PUSHING!??! Can't pass up an opportunity like that!
On Monday Owen and I spent the whole day at home with no responsibilities or commitments. We spent the all day playing and doing normal 'at home' things. I have been looking forward to this for months! Leisurely waking up, staying in pajamas until noon, doing laundry, playing legos and cars. Normal life is a wonderful thing! We recently got new patio furniture and I had been brainstorming ideas of what to do with the giant box it came in for days. So.....Owen and I spent the afternoon building a play house! With some tape, a sharpie and a razor blade I think it came out pretty cool! It even has a garage for him to park his car in. :-) He thought it was pretty neat and wanted to eat his lunch inside. So I set up his chair and a little table and he had a nice time in his 'new house'.
That's all for now folks....






No comments:
Post a Comment